Thursday, July 31, 2008

The best email

From the GC to various subcontractors and tradesmen....

This is to let you know that we have complete
Plumbing/Electrical drawings for the Green Tango at
Pavilion East. They were submitted this date to the Durham Building


Pavilion East Office Building (Mixed Use)
2608 Erwin Road / Suite 132
Durham, NC 27705

Size: 1500 sf +/-

He goes on to describe the general conditions

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Final Plans in my hands...


Now GC submits to to building department.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Storm Drain

from Architect to GC

"Green Tango Southcourt and Green Tango Pavilion East (final drawings) are in front storm door area. I have to be at a meeting and will be out of voice range."

I hope it doesn't rain......

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

7AM is awful early for a meeting....

but if that is what it takes, then we are ready to go. Most subs start incredibly early so 7AM was the only time we could get everyone together (GC, Architect, Electrician, etc) for a final plan review. If everything goes according to plan we will submit plans for permits next week. Nothing major came out of this meeting other than the electrician said that he had some time to now to move the transformer. We discussed various scenarios (hanging vs platform) and think we found a solution that would work for everyone.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Abbot and Costello

Forgot to mention that at the meeting yesterday with the engineers that we slipped into a little bit of the famous Abbot and Costello routine "Who's on first" regarding lighting. Apparently there is a new energy czar (engineers' words, not mine) that has mandated less power be used in Durham commercial settings, but he doesn't take into account what the Electrical inspector requires, who doesn't take into account what the health department requires, which doesn't take into account what the energy czar requires....etc. These changes all took effect on June 1st, so we are apparently one of the first to have to navigate this problem.

Kinda funny until you realize this could potentially hold up the project if you don't get it right. Hopefully we got it right.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Meeting at Engineers office

This afternoon was a thorough (and I mean thorough) reveiw of basically every line on the complete drawing set. The GC, me, and the Mechanical/Electrical/ Plumbing engineers went through everything and checked and rechecked all of the details. Very time consuming but as the GC says better to find now that there is a problem than in the field. No major issues other than a few equipment questions that we were able to find the answers to.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Additional engineering

After further review mechanical engineers decide we will not need to install bigger louvers. Should be a substantial cost (for us) and headache saver. (For the GC ) The engineers are about 50% complete.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008


n 1: one of a set of parallel slats in a door or window to admit
air and reject rain [syn: louver, louvre, fin]
First response from mechanical engineer - bigger louvers needed to handle fan sets. More demo - woohoo!