Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Remix!

Sat down with the health department for a quickie review yesterday AM. This was not the formal review but rather a chance to review some assumptions we had made. Everything went well enough, but there was one major sticking point with design for the health department. He didn't out and out say he wouldn't approve it, but rather that he would have to think about it.

Which if I was reading the situation right meant you better address this now before I get out my red pen during plan review. So architect, GC, and I huddled last night and this morning and came up with an alternate tweak that addressed the health departments concern. And in some ways I think makes the space even better. For one we gain more refrigeration and counter space (always a big plus) and shorten steps to walk in for employees.

No comments: